Views: 11 Author: China Xicheng Publish Time: 2021-06-07 Origin: China Xicheng
How to identify PPR tubes
1. Touch: Whether the texture is delicate and the particles are uniform. Nowadays, PPR pipes on the market mainly have several colors of white, gray, and green. Under normal circumstances, recycled plastic cannot be made white, so consumers often think that white is the best. In fact, this view is more one-sided. With the improvement of technology, color is not the standard for distinguishing the quality of PP-R pipes. The quality of the tube does not solve the problem. If you touch it, the coarse particles are likely to be mixed with other impurities.
2. Smell: whether there is odor. The main material of PP-R pipe is polypropylene. Good pipes have no odor, and poor ones have strange odors. It is quite possible that they are blended with polyethylene instead of polypropylene.
3. Pinch: PP-R tube has considerable hardness, it can be squeezed into a deformed tube at will, it is definitely not a PP-R tube.
4. Smashing: A good PP-R tube has good "resilience", and it is not a good PP-R tube that it is too easy to smash. But strong hardness does not mean good elasticity. Consumers will have doubts about PP-R pipes that cannot be broken. Because some illegal manufacturers increase the hardness of the pipe by adding too much calcium carbonate and other impurities, such pipes are prone to embrittlement after a long time.
5. Burning: It is intuitive and very useful when the ignition is started. PP-R pipes mixed with recycled plastics and other impurities in the raw materials will emit black smoke and have a pungent odor; after a good material is burned, it will not emit black smoke and odorless. After burning, the molten liquid is still very clean.
Comparison of the characteristics and main uses of several commonly used plastic pipes
PVC pipe: It has good tensile and compressive strength, but its flexibility is not as good as other plastic pipes, and its corrosion resistance is excellent. The price is the cheapest among all kinds of plastic pipes, but the brittle connection method is bonding and bearing at low temperature. Rubber ring connection and flange threaded connection are mainly used for water supply and drainage, irrigation, gas supply, exhaust pipes, wire conduits, rainwater pipes, industrial anti-corrosion pipes, etc. for residential life, industry and mining, and agriculture.
PE pipe: features light weight, good toughness, good low temperature resistance, non-toxic, relatively cheap, high impact strength, but low compression and tensile strength. Connection method: hot melt welding, flange threaded connection is mainly used Drinking water pipes, rainwater pipes, gas pipes, industrial corrosion-resistant pipes
PP pipe: features good corrosion resistance, good strength, high surface hardness, surface finish, and a certain high temperature resistance. The connection method is hot melt welding and flange threaded connection. It is mainly used for chemical sewage, sea water, oil and Irrigation pipes for indoor concrete floors as heating pipes for heating systems
ABS pipe: Features excellent corrosion resistance, lighter weight, higher heat resistance than PE and PVC, but more expensive. Connection method: bonding, flange thread connection, mainly used for sanitary ware drain pipes, begging pipes, sewage pipes, underground cable pipes, high-corrosion industrial pipes, etc.
PB pipe: The strength is between PE and PP, and the flexibility is between LDPE (LDPE: low density polyethylene) and HDPE (HDPE: high density polyethylene). Its outstanding feature is creep resistance (cold deformation), Repeated winding and continuous winding, temperature resistance, and good chemical properties. Connection method: hot melt welding and flange threaded connection are mainly used for water supply pipes, cold and hot water pipes, gas pipes, and underground high pipelines. GRP pipes have excellent corrosion resistance and quality. Lightweight, high-strength, good design performance. The connection method is socket apron connection and flange connection widely used in petrochemical pipelines and large-diameter water supply and drainage pipelines.