Views:12 Author:China Xicheng Publish Time: 2021-06-10 Origin:China Xicheng
The most widely used flame-retardant plastic duct in the market is the PP pipe (polypropylene pipe). Because polypropylene material itself has the characteristics of high temperature resistance and non-combustibility, it is widely used in the production and manufacture of fire protection equipment.
Three functions of flame retardant plastic duct
Polypropylene has a high combustion heat, and it is difficult to make flame-retardant products. Polypropylene has excellent heat resistance, with a melting point of 164-170°C, and the product can be sterilized above 100°C; there is no external force, and it will not deform at 150°C. However, it is relatively brittle at low temperatures, is not wear-resistant, and is easy to age.
Pure PP translucent ivory white, waxy; it is a non-toxic, odorless, tasteless milky white highly crystalline polymer with a density of 0.90-0.91 g/cm3, which is the lightest kind of ordinary plastics. Molding shortening rate: 1.0-2.5% is particularly stable to water, and the water absorption rate is 0.01% in water for 24 hours, so the moldability is good, but the shortening rate is large, and the thick-walled products made are simply sunken. The product has good surface gloss and simple coloring.
The chemical stability of PP is very good. In addition to strong oxidants and non-polar solvents that can degrade PP, PP has strong chemical resistance. A solution with a lower concentration is harmless to PP, but low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons, gasoline, xylene, and chlorinated hydrocarbons can soften and swell PP, and the swelling degree of copolymers is higher than that of homopolymers. When PP is taken out of this solvent, its size will return to its original state. Because the surface of PP is extremely lazy, it is difficult to print, paint and bond on PP without flame treatment or similar processes.
Characteristics of flame-retardant plastic duct
1. No corrosion: PP pipes can be corroded by high-concentration acids and alkalis with a pH value of 1-14 in a wide temperature range.
2. Wear-resistant and non-scaling: The inner wall of PP pipe and pipe fittings is evenly lubricated, with low flow resistance and no scaling.
3. Vibration and noise reduction: PP pipe has excellent sound insulation function, which can significantly reduce the vibration and noise caused by liquid flow.
4. Anti-freeze cracking: PP material has excellent elasticity, so that the cross-section of pipes and fittings can expand with the freezing liquid without bursting.
5. Anti-condensation, low heat loss: PP material is a poor heat conductor, which can reduce condensation and reduce heat loss.
6. Simple installation: PP pipe is light in weight, easy to install and operate, and can be welded.
7. Long service life: Under the specified operating conditions, the service life of the PP piping system can reach 50 years. Long service life Under additional temperature and pressure conditions, PP pipes can be safely used for more than 50 years.
8. Excellent corrosion resistance. It resists the corrosion of most chemicals, and can accept high-concentration acid-base corrosion with a PH value of 1-14 in a large range.
9. Excellent anti-wear function When transporting ore slurry, the abrasion resistance of PP pipe is more than 4 times that of steel pipe.
Identify the authenticity of flame-retardant plastic ducts
1. Whether the texture is delicate and the particles are uniform. At present, there are flame-retardant air ducts in white, gray, green and other colors on the market. Under normal circumstances, white can not be made with plastic back, so customers often think that white is the best. In fact, this idea is one-sided. With the renewal and advancement of technology, color is no longer the standard for distinguishing between good and bad flame-retardant ducts. The quality of the pipeline does not solve the problem. If you touch it, coarse particles may mix with other impurities.
2. Smell as smell. The main material of polypropylene air duct is polypropylene. Good pipes have no smell, and poor pipes have a strange smell. It is possible that it is a blend of polyethylene instead of polypropylene.
3. Kneading the flame-retardant air duct has considerable hardness and can be kneaded into a deformed air duct, which is definitely not a flame-retardant duct.