Views:7 Author:China Xicheng Publish Time: 2021-04-15 Origin:China Xicheng
The most commonly used processes for pharmaceutical companies in the production of drugs are synthesis and fermentation, during which a large amount of waste gas and wastewater will be produced. For example, VOCs waste gas will be produced during the synthesis reaction. If this waste gas is not purified, it will affect the surrounding air quality and cause environmental pollution.
The main components of pharmaceutical waste gas are methanol, toluene, and n-hexane. Also, waste gas will also be generated during fermentation and bacterial residue drying. We should choose the appropriate process technology according to our company's current situation to achieve clean waste gas emissions. Below, Yunlan Environmental will give you a detailed description of pharmaceutical waste gas's six treatment technologies.
1. Pretreatment and recovery. Commonly used methods include cooling recovery (around 7°C), freezing recovery (around 15°C), intercooling recovery (around 30°C), and cryogenic recovery (around 50°C). Different material properties choose different recycling methods.
2. Spray treatment, generally use packing spray tower, suitable for treating acid-base waste gas, single-stage or multi-stage serial use, this method can also be used to treat fermentation waste gas.
3. Adsorption and desorption treatment. Activated carbon, activated carbon fiber, and molecular sieve are commonly used as adsorption media. Activated carbon is the most widely used, which can effectively adsorb VOCs and be desorbed and regenerated. However, some substances with low boiling points are easy to ignite spontaneously, and special attention should be paid to safety design. The best method is to take the nitrogen desorption method for desorption.
4. Biological filtration and purification technology. Biological filtration and purification technology is a new type of technology to treat waste gas and odor. The equipment required by this technology is simple in structure, low in operation cost, easy to operate, and especially suitable for purification concentration Fermentation waste gas and malodorous gas with low air volume. The biological filtration technology is based on the "principle of microbial degradation." The deodorizing microorganisms on the filter material have a good purification effect and will not cause secondary pollution. This method can degrade most volatile and semi-volatile organic matter.
5. Photo-oxygen catalysis technology, using an ultraviolet light source to react with oxygen in the air to produce ozone and active hydroxyl radicals. Break the bonds of organic matter into carbon dioxide and water. This method is suitable for low-concentration and high-volume exhaust gas. Such as fermentation waste gas, the equipment is ready to use. This method can be used in single-stage or multi-stage series according to the actual exhaust gas conditions and can also be used in conjunction with biological filtration purification technology to meet higher environmental protection treatment requirements.
6. The volatile organic waste gas incineration treatment. The waste gas incineration treatment method can effectively treat the explosive organic waste gas and has a good purification effect. The exhaust gas undergoes a thermal oxidation reaction to oxidize hydrocarbons (hydrocarbons) or carbon hydroxides in the exhaust gas to carbon dioxide and water.
Advantages of spray treatment equipment to treat pharmaceutical waste gas
1. The process is rationalized, advanced, with high processing efficiency and small floor space.
2. The equipment has low energy consumption and low noise. There will be no secondary pollution during the production process.
3. The equipment is easy to operate, few management personnel, low labor intensity, and convenient maintenance.
4. The design and selection of waste gas treatment equipment are based on the nature, treatment volume, and treatment requirements of the waste gas.
Efforts to reduce or prevent the emission of waste gas pollutants, ensure compliance with emission standards, recover valuable substances, and establish a harmless and clean production process are governance purposes. For this purpose, the governance process is redesigned and selected. The equipment design and selection principle consider the technical indicators and economic indicators of the equipment. Strive to be technologically advanced and mature and economically reasonable.
Characteristics of pharmaceutical waste gas:
1. There are many emission points, large emission volume, and serious unorganized emission. The yield of pharmaceutical and chemical products is low. The solvent consumption is significant. The solvent waste gas discharge point is many, and the solvent waste gas is discharged chiefly at low altitudes and unorganized. The solvent waste gas concentration is high.
2. There are many intermittent emissions. The reaction process is a periodic reaction, and the solvent waste gas is also discharged intermittently.
3. Unstable emissions. The composition of solvent waste gas is complex, and the types and concentrations of pollutants vary greatly. The same set of equipment may emit different kinds of contaminants in different periods.
4. The solvent waste gas has a wide range of influence. Most of the VOCs in the solvent waste gas have malodorous properties, low odor threshold, easy to diffuse, and a wide range of power.
5. There are many accidents such as "running and dripping." Because there are many flammable and explosive substances in the production process, the reaction process is intense. The risk of production accidents is high.